Expand your 4K/8K routing freedom with 12G-SDI I/O and gearbox support offering the most inputs and outputs. The MFR-5000 Series is a group of multi-format routing switchers supporting 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES and RS-422. Inside the 8 U case a matrix of up to 128 inputs/128 outputs can be configured.
It offers expansive flexibility at the core of your system, such as tally connections with peripheral devices (video switchers and multi viewers) and automatic source name tracking.
Video input/output card
- MFR-16SDIA: 16-input card enables support for 3G/HD/SD-SDI and ASI
- MFR-16SDIGB: 16-input card enables support for 12G/3G-SDI, 4-input ports supporting 12G-SDI and Gearbox
- MFR-16SDO: 16-output card enables support for 3G/HD/SD-SDI and ASI
- MFR-16SDOGB: 16-output card enables support for 12G/3G-SDI, 4-output ports supporting 12G-SDI and Gearbox
Audio input/output card
- MFR-16ADI: Input card for 16 AES/EBU stereo pairs with SRC
- MFR-16AAI: Input card for 16 analog stereo pairs with A/D converter
- MFR-16AAIEX: Input card for 16 analog audio embed to SDI signal
- MFR-16AESI: Input card for 16 AES/EBU stereo pairs (32 channels)
- MFR-16AAOEX: Output card for 16 AES/EBU stereo pairs convert into analog audio
- MFR-16ADAO: Audio output card for up to 8 stereo pairs with D/A converter (16 channels)
- MFR-16AESO: Output card for 16 AES/EBU stereo pairs (32 channels)
RS-422 serial control I/O card
- MFR-16DTIO: RS-422 serial control input/output card compliant with the SMPTE 207M standard
Add the MFR-16SDIGB and MFR-16SDOGB cards for conversion of video (quad link 3G-SDI/12G-SDI) and mapping (2SI/SQD) formats. These options open the door for equipment previously incompatible with 12G-SDI, enabling system building focused on this new specication.
Since routing switchers are the core of large video systems, we have engineered a variety of features to ensure full redundancy.
- CPU board redundancy (option): a secondary CPU board constantly monitors the operation of the primary board. If the secondary CPU board detects any faults, operation is immediately switched to the secondary CPU to allow for continuous operation without down time.
- Redundant power supply (option): in the rare event of a power supply problem, the second supply takes over to avoid any interruption of router function.
- Network redundancy (option): a secondary Ethernet connection provides back-up for system control. With CPU redundancy, each interface can also have a backup (for details see below).
- Direct control of main unit: the main unit has an LED display on the front. It can display settings and alarms.
|Connector||Standard configuration||With redundant CPU installed|
|Serial||9 pin D-sub (male)||1||1|
|Alarm output||9 pin D-sub (female)||1||1|
Designed for maintainability, all boards and power units can be accessed from the front without removing cables.
Configuring Matrices (up to 128 Input/128 Output)
The input/output board has 16 channels and up to 8 boards can be installed together. As a result, matrices of up to 128 input/128 output can be configured.
Various Crosspoint Control
A variety crosspoint control features are possible in addition to normal crosspoint switching.
- Salvo function：
(1) Button-assigned Salvo: multiple crosspoints can be assigned to any button. Separate settings can be made for each remote unit.
(2) Main unit storage Salvo: multiple crosspoints can be stored on the main unit side and shared by all remote units.
- Take operation: after presetting crosspoints, press the Take button to change the set crosspoints.
(1) Mode-switching Take button: switches between take operation and usual operation (instant execution).
(2) Always Take button: always performs take.
- Link function: this can group and link multiple crosspoints.
- Level operation: level switching allows separate control over different subject types.
- Chop function: allows user to switch between two sources for a destination.。
- Monitor out: enables output of any destination source to a dedicated monitoring channel.
- Prevention of incorrect operation:
- Inhibit: Crosspoint, Source, Destination
- Lock: Lock Other / Lock All / Lock Local
Matrix Partition Function
One routing switcher can be virtually partitioned to build any theoretical hierarchy, creating possibilities for use in various operations.
- Fully independent switching: a single unit can be used as multiple routing switchers by making multiple matrix partitions. This is effective when you wish to do multiple operations while avoiding source sharing.
- V/Key linking switcher: allows two inputs to be linked for routing of video and key signals together.。
- 3D switcher: partition the matrix in two and control the left and right channels from a 3D source simultaneously
- HD/SD simul-switcher: provides simultaneous control of HD and SD sources. Perfect feature for HD/SD master control switching
Remote monitoring by SNMP is supported and the router can easily be integrated into an SNMP monitoring system. In this way you can monitor the status of various items including: power source, fan, CPU, presence/absence of signals, crosspoint errors and more.
Remote Control Units
We offer several types or remote control unit to suit your application. The number of units that can be connected is a maximum of 128, including the main unit. This lets you build a flexible control environment by the way you partition the matrix and make operation level settings. Please refer to MFR-RU series page for the lineup and details.
Interface Expansion Unit
The interface expansion unit lineup includes two types to suit your specific application. The number of units that can be connected is a maximum of 128, including the remote control units.
MFR-GPI: GPI Unit
- Provides an interface for GPI control. This 1 RU sized unit is equipped with user-assignable GPI/O (128 channels) and 4 serial ports (9-pin D-sub male). It can be used for setting Input/Output and supports system configuration.
MFR-TALM: Tally Manager
- MFR-TALM is a device for performing central management of tally and material names of the MFR main unit and peripheral devices (such as video switchers and multi viewers). In the tally linking system like the one shown to the right (Fig. 1), MFR-TALM performs the tally calculation, which were originally performed by the MFR main unit, so that the tally linking can be speeded up.
Supports Combinations of Multiple Remote control units
Multiple remote control units can be combined to make them function as a large scale control panel.
For 128 x 128 full control + system settings:
MFR-40RU x 4 + MFR-39RUA x 1
System Links with Other Products
The MFR-5000 enables tally linking with FOR-A’s video switcher HANABI Series and multi viewer MV Series. And when switching between sources on the MFR-5000 side, the source name displayed by the video switcher or multi viewer can also change automatically. It supports TSL and Harris protocol, enabling linkage with 3rd party equipment.